When you look around our community, what do you see?
Chances are you see some major issues. There’s a chasm between the challenges we face today as a society, and the scale at which we are currently engaging those challenges. These problems aren’t going to solve themselves. There are no silver bullets. And throwing money at them isn’t going to make them going away. No single individual has the answer.
But what happens if every individual steps up to the plate? What happens if you take the potential of every individual, connect them directly to the people working on the issues they are passionate about, and challenge them to make a difference?
At SVP we’ve seen what happens, and the results are transformational.
Social Ventures Partners unleashes potential. Together, we will go farther.
INVESTING IN OUR COMMUNITY
Since 2007, Social Venture Partners Greater Tucson has driven positive social change in Pima County by:
- Investing our time, expertise and funds in five innovative non-profits addressing community literacy
- Educating, developing and connecting a diverse and skilled networks of dedicated philanthropists
- Granting more than $300,000 to advance promising nonprofits
- Providing on average 2,000 hours of pro-bono technical support and volunteering per year
- Helping to shape the literacy movement in Tucson
Our three year relationship with SVP has opened doors and built relationships that we are and will continue to develop as we strengthen our individual fundraising campaign and a capital campaign. Being known as an SVP investee has been a bit like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval in the community and has helped us to open doors and build relationships far beyond the SVP circle that we will continue to build and nurture. And, there are now a handful of Partners that are also strong members of the LVT family. –Betty Stauffer, Executive Director of Literacy Volunteers of Tucson