Social Venture Partners Greater Tucson inspires and promotes philanthropy using a venture capital approach to effect positive social change.
SVP invests in innovative nonprofit organizations using a high-engagement model that pools the financial and professional resources of our Partners to achieve long-term community impact and to build a culture of philanthropy.
Our vision is that SVP will become the most effective way for an individual to create positive social change in Pima County and beyond.
- Engaged Venture Philanthropy We are committed to leveraging our combined financial and human capital to create more value than we could as individuals.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit We use innovative approaches to achieve meaningful, long-term impact through nonprofit partnerships. We accept reasonable risk in our community investments and reward innovation in order to create an opportunity for maximum return.
- Community and Collaborative Action SVP is a community of Partners whose investments are driven by our interests in and passion for common good. We believe in the power of collective, self-organized effort. We encourage and maintain a highly participatory, Partner-driven organization.
- Lifelong Learning SVP Partners embrace the potential of things yet undreamed. Continual learning is the core of our culture. SVP promotes an open exchange of knowledge and lessons learned.
- Mutual Respect We respect the work and expertise of our Investees and Partners. We delegate decisions, resources and authority to those closest to the work.
- Accountability and Results SVP is accountable to our Partners, our Investees, other SVP Affiliates, and the community. We achieve and document measurable results, both in our own work and through our nonprofit partnerships.