Give Together. Grow Together. Get Together.
Social Venture Partners are Better Together.
SOCIAL VENTURE PARTNERS GREATER TUCSON IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE SELECTION OF OUR 2012-2013 GRANT ROUND:
Social Venture Partners Greater Tucson inspires and promotes philanthropy using a venture capital approach to effect positive social change.
SVPGT invests in innovative nonprofit organizations using a high-engagement model that pools the financial and professional resources of our Partners to achieve long-term community impact and to build a culture of philanthropy.
As of March 2013, there are 30 Social Venture Partner member organizations and 2,600 individuals in the USA, Canada, India and Japan, who have contributed more than $46 million (USD) in grants and thousands of hours of strategic volunteering to more than 550 nonprofit organizations. Social Venture Partners International.
- Invested $75,000 in three outstanding nonprofits–Make Way for Books, Sunnyside Parents as Teachers and Reading Seed
- Graduated two fantastic Investees–Literacy Volunteers of Tucson and VOICES, Inc.
- Partners helped facilitate the five-organization literacy merger resulting in a new literacy organization - Literacy Connects – that offers literacy services from birth through adulthood throughout Southern Arizona.
- Contributed over 2000 volunteer hours to SVP and to our Investees.
- Completed strategic planning process and established working groups.
- Held 10 education/social events to strengthen the SVP network and share learning.
- 75% of Partners are involved in SVP beyond their monetary donation.
- 100% of Partners give back – really give back – to our community.